BACHELOR OF ARTS PROGRAMA pioneering program of the Higher Education Department of Mount Carmel College- Baler, Aurora is the Bachelor of Arts or the so-called Liberal Arts/Malayang Sining [MCC History]. Liberal Arts as it is fondly called, speaks of freedom of expression and of the mind to unleash creativity [maipahayag ang pagiging malikhain]. This program is blessed with gifted mentors who are acclaimed in their chosen creative pursuits--writers, historians, sociologists, free-thinkers, political scientists and the like. Bachelor of Arts means taking on the challenge of always finding new ways of expression through different mediums or channels. It encourages students to think creatively, reason critically, and communicate effectively in both English and Filipino.
Goals and Objectives
- Acquire a broad general education in the humanities, social, natural sciences, politics and language.
- Develop critical thinking and creative mind, effective communication, sound judgment and formation of values.
- Attains one's fullness [pagiging ganap] through the acquisition of knowledge and the development of conceptual, analytical and human skills pertinent to one’s specialization in Arts and Sciences.
- Sharpen one's area of specialization [history, sociology, political science] for immediate employment.
Bachelor of Arts in HistoryThe history program aims to provide a wide variety of introductory and advanced courses that will introduce students to the ways in which historians recreate the past and to build skills of historical research, analysis and writing. History informs our understanding of the world around us. A historical perspective will give one a richer appreciation of human experience.
Bachelor of Arts in Political ScienceThis program aims to provide students with the essential theoretical and methodical background for the study of politics. It is designed for students to acquire proficiency in political science in theory and practice. This course of study emphasizes the development of an independent and creative thinker who is capable of applying theoretical concepts into a workable empirical research that may illuminate the processes and structure of politics The students learn to synthesize the insights of the leading political philosophers and the practitioners in the actual political world. Political Science is considered the best preparation for the law school as well as for the career in politics, diplomacy, the civil service, and in non-governmental and international organization.
Bachelor of Arts in SociologyThe BA Sociology program produces graduates who will contribute to the production, interpretation, transmission and application of the knowledge generated from social research that is informed by the economic, political, ecological, and socio-cultural trends in the local and global arena. It recognizes the role of the competent training in social research towards multiculturalism and nation building. The program aims to give undergraduate students grounding in the sociological theories or perspectives and research methodologies that will allow them to understand, analyze, and address social problems and issues.
TEACHER EDUCATION PROGRAM
- Develop a critical consciousness and orientation about Philippine education; thus, becoming productive and well-rounded Filipino citizens;
- Produce responsible and competent teachers who will become solid instruments in bringing about change in society;
- Acquire knowledge and skills in pedagogy (teaching) to facilitate the holistic human formation of learners in both formal and non-formal education; and
- Acquire competence in one’s own field of specialization necessary for immediate employment.